Police issue more than 41 million speeding tickets a year, many of them around the holidays. Without a LegalShield membership, hiring an attorney to fight your ticket could cost more than $150. If you receive a ticket, LegalShield has you covered. Snap is a feature of the LegalShield app that lets you
take a picture of your traffic ticket with your smartphone and send it directly to your LegalShield provider law firm. You can download the LegalShield app with Snap at the iTunes or Android store today. Here is what you should do if you are pulled over and how to use Snap if you receive a ticket.
- Drive safe and avoid speeding. If you are pulled over you should first move safely off the road, turn your interior light on at night and keep your hands on the steering wheel. Avoid taking off your seat belt, searching or moving around in your vehicle while waiting for the officer. Do not exit the vehicle unless you are directed to do so by the officer.
- It is important to be polite and cooperative. Avoid arguing with the officer. Comply with the officer’s requests for your name, driver’s license, registration and insurance information. Let the officer know you need to look for your insurance or registration information.
- Signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt, it only shows that you were provided with a copy of the citation. Save any objections or arguments for court. Ultimately a judge will decide if the ticket is valid.
- You are not required to consent to a search of your car. If the officer searches over your objection, stay calm and tell the officer you object to the search but do not physically resist the search.
- If you are issued a ticket, use Snap to send it directly to your LegalShield provider law firm. Make sure the image is legible before submitting to the attorney.
- Once received, your LegalShield provider law firm will process the information and call you within 4 business hours. Submitting your ticket right away helps ensure an attorney is available for your court date and has plenty of time to prepare your case.
- If you have questions or do not hear back from your LegalShield provider law firm within 8 business hours you may call them directly.